At Igenomix we work to make a world in which infertility is no longer an impossible barrier. Amidst the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, our way of life has changed as we know it. Today, we believe our duty is to break one more barrier, the barrier that prevents us from returning to our lives. We hope that by applying our know-how in genetics to COVID-19 testing, we can help enable access to a COVID-19 free society.
This test gives an immediate answer to whether there is a current infection in your body:
- Detects the pathogen itself by identifying its RNA.
- Test must be prescribed by a specialist.
- Test will be performed exclusively in Igenomix laboratories.
- All necessary materials are included in the kit provided by Igenomix.
- Delivery time of results: 2-3 working days after sample reception.
- Self-pay price: $100
- Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 or who has been in contact with someone affected.
- Anyone looking to ensure they are not currently infected even if they are asymptomatic.
Please note, this test is indicated to be performed in the early stages of the COVID-19 infection, when antibodies have not yet developed.
The Incubation Period of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) From Publicly Reported Confirmed Cases: Estimation and Application. Lauer SA et al. Ann Intern Med. 2020 Mar 10.
Impact of non-pharmeceutical interventions (NPIs) to reduce COVID 19 mortality and healthcare demand. Neil M Ferguson et al. Imperial College COVID-19 Response Team. 16 March 2020.
Viral dynamics in mild and severe cases of Covid-19. Yang Liu et al. The Lancet, March 19, 2020.